Monday, March 31, 2008

The last two days of our visit we stayed with Chris' cousin Andy, his wife Chris and their daughter Hartley (best name ever!). Friday night we had a meat degustation turned competition: beef vs. buffalo. I think it was a tie. On Saturday they took us into KC where we visited the river market, home of great little restaurants, farmer's market, this curious paddle wheel museum and lots of summertime festivities. I raided a little middle eastern grocer and came out with....DATE MOLASSES! Today I ate it with peanut butter. Ghetto, I know; I'm hoping to find more sophisticated uses soon. Ideas? We also went to Arthur Bryant's, the original KC BBQ joint, where we ate piles (wads? swaths?) of meat on wonderbread. Chris Gray was in heaven. I felt like a total caveman.

1 comment:

Sarah G said...

I totally dig sawyer's hat!

Maybe you could make a delicious gingerbread-esque treat with dates, walnuts and some chocolate.