Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Giving up, in a manner of speaking, or maybe settling.

I’ve been insanely neglectful of our family blog this year. And I think one of my new years resolutions was actually to be better about keeping it up to date. But I swear that it’s not entirely my fault. Blame it on technology. And logistics. And a small dose of perfectionism. By that I mean that I hate to make a blog post of recent happenings when there are previous events that I still haven’t recorded. And so what happens is that I keep putting off catching up because I have an intimidating backlog, which of course continues to grow because I’m procrastinating taking care of it. It’s a vicious cycle which is actually only vicious to me, because I feel guilty for not doing a better job recording the touching day-to-day happenings of our growing family. So my conclusion is that I have to just stop fretting about the past and hunker down in the present: I’m just going to start posting from now, and not worry about what is past. Maybe I’ll catch up eventually, but I’m not going to hold myself to it, or I’ll never get started. The first order of business will be to at least post what's currently on the camera's memory card--brace yourself for a bunch of randoms.

No comments: